Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A World of Love

You know, life is funny - a goofy, loopy swirl, seen through the right lens. Ups and downs, losses and gains, but an upward spiral, overall.

I've been away from my blog for a long time. I've missed it. I have so much I wanted to say, but I've been busy, and some of what I'd like to say, I can't. I started sending out my DQs again, yesterday. I got some nice responses from people who would have a right to be annoyed with me for my sporadic communications. I spent time Sunday with one of the dearest friends I've ever had. I got a PM this evening from a man I'll probably never meet (though I hold out hope!), who reads my blog and nudges me back in when I get too far out of the loop. (Thanks, Jay.)

Love is a precious commodity in this world. It's not that it's rare, it's that we so rarely see even a smidgeon of what's there. Now, I must find a Hafiz to quote, as he knows so well what I am feeling.... OK. Done- This one will say it:

It Felt Love

How Did the rose
Ever open its heart

And give to the world
All its
Beauty?

It felt the encouragement of light
Against its
Being.

Otherwise,
We all remain

Too

Frightened.

Translated by Daniel Ladinsky, The Gift



I am so grateful for the abundance of loving, open people in my life.

8 comments:

Mermaid Melanie said...

good to see you again! lovely entry. Always a pleasure. I am fortunate enough to see you twice in less than a few months!

love you Anna! :hug:

Anonymous said...

We'll meet someday.Dang...choked me up dear! glad yer back...don't make me run you down again!*lol*....*snif*

Allan said...

Welcome back!

Alison said...

Nice to see you blogging again! *hug*

An Urban Femme said...

I did a double-take when I saw something other than 7 Things Meme! Wow I am so happy to see you back! Missed you something awful!

Erin said...

Welcome back Anna Banana!! I've missed you. I was so pleasantly surprised to see your DQ's again & then I come here & BOOM! Fresh new posts! Hooray! :)

Anna said...

You guys are the bestest! :grin:

Anica said...

I love this poem...it rings so true. and I missed you :hug: