Wednesday, December 20, 2006

boring knee talk

I had surgery yesterday. Arthroscopy for a torn meniscus. It's affected me more than I thought it would. More pain, and then I threw up this morning, I guess from the Vicodin. The orthopaedist called me a bit ago, though, and is giving me another prescription, plus one for nausea, so as soon as I can get my son back here to pick it up for me, I'll be just ducky. The doc said that my knee showed more wear and tear than he had expected, and he shaved quite a bit off, behind my patella. That may be part of why it hurts so much. Oh well, I'm glad I had it done.

One of the good things to come out of this is the love and care that has been shown to me by loved ones. One dear one tried to work it out to fly here to care for me (and drink a few margaritas, I suspect!), another came by here at 6 to take me to the hospital and then picked me up again after. My sons spent hours sitting there for me, and they've been absolutely wonderful about doing things for me, running errands, helping me clean up after I puked. True love, I'll tell you. It's a beautiful thing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Glad to see you back.
Merry Christmas you and you and you. And you too!

Alison said...

Glad you are on the mend, and have people around you.

Erin said...

I always knew you were loved. Hope you have a super speedy recovery! :)

Mississippi Songbird said...

I hope you're feeling better now..Happy New Year!


**hugs**