Thursday, October 27, 2005

Reste avec moi.

I looked at his fingers, could feel them slide over my skin,
softly searching,
savoring touch.

His hair curled softly along his nape,
my fingers knew their texture.

I breathed in his scent,
smiling at this first knowledge.

He talked,
and the words tumbled into my mind.

He remembered,
and my being expanded.

The night passed,
and his distance grew.

Love offered and sidestepped,
mutely tendered and left to hang in the midnight air,
drifting through music to find a place to rest.

4 comments:

Mermaid Melanie said...

sigh. isn't lust grand! oh wait....love. yea.

its very beautiful anna. speaks volumes of what lies inside the feel for him. i so enjoy love poetry.


as you may have noticed.

;-)

edieraye said...

Beautiful. Melancholy and beautiful.

Alison said...

Très joli.

Anica said...

THis is really good and so bittersweet.

It is so good that I have a hard time reading this. If you get my meaning.